Friday, June 12, 2009

Random Fridays

Haven't done one of these in a while, and thought it would be nice to take a break from the depressing posts I've been trailing out there recently.

1) I wonder who created the five-day work week? And who decided eight hours would make a good, typical work day?

2) The summer months makes me want to eat more veggies, even though I live somewhere where we have summer weather all year long.

3) When I lurk on other people's blogs, I'm hesitant to leave a comment 'cause I think they'll think I'm a weird Interwebs stalker. But as a blog author, I'd love for my lurkers to say hello when they stop by. Interesting duality, there.

4) If you're lurking, say hello. I promise I won't bite. And if you have a blog, I'd love to read it.

5) That last one wasn't really random, so I'll go for one more here. If there are other life forms in the universe, do you think they're not technologically advanced enough to reach us, or are we just primitively boring and not worth the trip? Or do you think they're already here, mucking up corn fields and traumatizing cows and people named Jim Bob?*

*I have nothing against people named Jim Bob. I may, however, have been making a thinly veiled reference to residents of rural America that think they get abducted by aliens on a semi-regular basis.

3 comments:

Cat said...

I am a great fan of randomness. Well done. I also will comment more, lol!

Mary said...

I love you and your randomness.
Will you bite if I want you to? lol.

Anonymous said...

TGIF!

1) The work week was set up by God, in Genesis (the book, not the band). And it seems the person who decided an 8-hour work day was acceptable was Patricia Resnick, the story- and co-screenplay-writer of "9 to 5."

2) Sorry, I failed to notice it was summer here in Florida, concidering I haven't stopped wearing shorts in the last 6 years.

3) Me too. Me too to the nth degree.

4) Hello! Thanks for not biting. But, I don't have a blog. What do I have to do to make you bite me? Or my blog? :-)

5) An intelligent person once said, "The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." According to Google, it was might have been Stephen Hawking or Calvin from "Calvin and Hobbes." 'Nuff said?

*Jim Bob told me to tell you, "F*@% y$#!" That wasn't censored; that's just how Jim Bob talks after all of the abductions.

Love you!