Thursday, April 8, 2010

Can it be done?

I'm going to attempt to go through an entire pregnancy without setting foot in Babies 'R Us. It's not that I have anything specifically against the giant, baby megastore, I just have a vague distaste for it, and I can't even tell you why. Perhaps it reminds me of WalMart on some level – this giant monster that sucks up everyone's money.

Or perhaps it's a simple as the part of my personality that abhors being told what to do. I don't want to have to go to BRU just because that's what you do when you're having a baby.

I am lucky enough to have a Buy Buy Baby about 45 minutes away, so that will suffice as my big baby store. Cribs are coming from Ikea, and I heart Target in a way that's almost unnatural, so I think I can do this.

What do you think? Can a modern, American family actually have babies without involving BRU? I'll keep you updated on how we hold up.

6 comments:

Banana Pancakes said...

It is possible my friend! I only went in once to exchange a girl outfit that we'd gotten as a gift after we found out we're having a boy. I found almost everything I could possibly need at Tarjay and everything else I just ordered online. When do you find out the sexes of these kiddos?

flojat said...

If they both cooperate, we should find out a week from tomorrow!

CLML said...

I love BBB way more than BRU. They have way more stuff! Plus you can use competitor coupons there in addition to Bed bath and Beyond ones too! You'll manage just fine :)

L said...

I have a special place in my heart for BRU. LOL Good Luck!

Carly said...

buy buy baby is awesome for returns- as long as they carry it they take it for store credit without a receipt or anything (plus they take bed bath coupons that are not expired).
target is the worst with returns, and bru allows you to return up to a certain $ amount without a receipt. (just random fyi's LOL)
1 week from tomorrow- AGHHH

Megan said...

I've heard the best things about Buy Buy Baby! Good luck keeping away from BRU. We registered there and shopped there a few times, but its so far away that we have no choice but stay away.