Monday, April 26, 2010

I'm still here

I know, you all probably thought I took these babies and ran away to Mexico to live on a beach somewhere. Well, I didn't. The truth of the matter is, life is just percolating along, and I haven't taken the time to write. Since we've chatted last, we've started painting the nursery, bought a couple of cribs, and started a kick-ass art project that I can't wait to share with you when it's a little closer to being done.

We've also hosted out-of-town company, watched a few good movies and a few bad movies, eaten KFC's Double Downs (yes, really) and gone to the Farmer's Market.

But none of that is what I want to talk about today. Part of the reason I feel I have so little to post about during this pregnancy is that I still haven't decided what it's like to feel pregnant. I'm hopefully halfway done (if twins can make it to at least 36 weeks, that's great!), and the fact that I'm actually, genuinely pregnant still hasn't sunk in.

And that's all due to our struggles with infertility. Nothing about getting pregnant, staying pregnant or having a child will ever be normal for us. It just won't. And that's okay, it's just making for a unique experience over here.

This is National Infertility Awareness Week. If you know someone going through it, please read this article. If you think you might know someone going through it, please read this article. If you might ever have any reason to spend 30 seconds in an elevator with someone going through it, please read this article.

Thank you. And everyone who has, will or does struggle with infertility will thank you.

1 comment:

Jen said...

As someone who is starting testing for potential problems having a child, thank you for these articles. I am so happy for you!