Friday, May 29, 2009

The boys can swim

Well, it took two weeks and six phone calls, but I finally got my husband's SA results. Normal. It's the first good news we've gotten in this whole process. I can breathe a big sigh of relief, but I also feel unexpectedly guilty.

I know I'm six years older than he is, and a woman's age has much more impact on fertility anyway, so honestly it's not shocking that I'm the problem. But it does make me feel bad, in some "I know there's nothing I can do about it, but I still feel like crap" kind of way.

He keeps reminding me that we're in this together. I'm very lucky to have him. And I know I wouldn't blame him had things turned out differently.

I am just going to focus on the fact that we only have to fix me, and we're lucky in that respect. I know there are a lot of couples out there dealing with IF on both sides, and they would be thrilled to get a Normal on an SA.

Now if I can just give his swimmers something to aim for, we might be in business!

7 comments:

Cat said...

True story: I am six years older than MH too. Good news on the SA!

CathyMD

Mary said...

Everything will be okay, you'll see. I'm always here for you!!

E said...

aw hon, this isn't a blame-game situation.

((HUGS))

Shannon said...

Its hard not to blame but try not to do that to yourself, you just dont deserve that burden. Im glad J's SA came back good and am excited for your HSG next week.

gringa78 said...

He's right- you're in this together. IF is totally out of your control- you need each other to move forward and find some solutions. Thinking of you, hun.

Ro @ Ro is me! said...

((HUGS))

Hon, there is no fault in this, at all. You are both in this together.

We love you and we're here for you.

Anonymous said...

"He keeps reminding me that we're in this together." Always, and forever! "I'm very lucky to have him." Don't you forget it. ;-) "And I know I wouldn't blame him had things turned out differently." Ther is NO blame here. Things will turn out right.

BTW, they say that "practice makes perfect" so I'm about as good as it gets! Oh, that didn't make me sound good....

Love you!