Wow. I was really bad this week! Two randoms in a row. Gonna have to make up for it now.
1) Why is it fashionably acceptable for fingernails to be long but not toenails?
2) Why do women shave their armpits but men don't? (And don't tell me it's because men are supposed to be hairy because it's a symbol of their virility while women appear more feminine with less hair. I dare you to look at a man's pit with deodorant caked all up in there and tell me there's anything sexy about it.)
3) I wonder all the time about the first person to try a food. For example, how hungry was the first dude that pulled a lobster out of the ocean and decided it was worth a try? Artichokes? Who figured out that you had to take all those little hairy things out to keep from choking? What about peanuts? Do you think an ancient civilization used to use them for dice or fertility rattles or something, and then one day the village clutz accidentally stepped on one and broke it open? And decided to eat the little chunks that fell out?
4) What would life be like today if we had decided to domesticate hippos and giraffes instead of wolves and tigers?
5) Do you think it's easier to be blind from birth, or to have your eyesight and lose it later in life?
6) (There's six this week. Not five. Or four. Six!) I would love to see the world the way Picasso saw it, just for one day.
2 weeks ago