Monday, November 30, 2009

I guess Mary was busy

Well, the Hail Mary cycle is officially a bust, so I'm off to my first official IVF appointment in the morning. I won't say I'm not extremely disappointed, but at least I was still in active step-mommy mode when we found out, so I was too busy to wallow in a self-indulgent pity party.

I only hope that if we're lucky enough to have a kid together, we get one that's half as amazing as my step-daughter. At almost fourteen, she's still so respectful, fun and helpful. It was truly a delight to have her for the week, and we already miss her desperately.

Already looking forward to Thanksgiving next year! If all goes well with the IVF stuff, it could be a challenge to host a house full with a newborn. But you know what? That's one challenge I'm more than happy to take on.

7 comments:

E said...

I'm so sorry honey. But, I have extreme faith that IVF will work and your home will be filled w/TWINS next year.

((HUGS))

♥ Lovfer♥ said...

I'm so sorry your Hail Mary didn't work out. GL at your appt!

Lovf you! {{hugs}}

Amy said...

So sorry to hear that. I wish you the best of luck with your upcoming IVF. Always thinking of you!

L said...

I'm sorry Flo! I am sending lot's of good luck dust for your appointment. & i agree with E, you are so gettin twin turkeys for next year:)

Shannon said...

Im sorry the hail mary didnt work out but I am so happy you are able to move forward with IVF. I have a good feeling about this. Always thinking of you!

goeckie said...

I'm sorry Mary decided to take a vacation. Good luck tomorrow. I'm here for you always.

Mary said...

I'm sorry sweets. I have such confidence that your IVF cycle will be it! you're in my prayers, always.