4 weeks ago
Thursday, January 14, 2010
Thanks, Lyse! Apparently I'm blunt enough in my blog postings to warrant an award for honestly. I'll take that as a compliment, since I still struggle every time I post with just how much information I'm willing to put out here on the world wide webz. Check out Lyse's blog. She's cute, sassy, and has two of the most gorgeous dogs you'll ever set eyes on.
So, now I have to tell you ten honest things about myself. That shouldn't be too difficult, given the level of information we've been trading around here lately.
1. I peed on an OPK at 4:30 this morning. I don't know why. I couldn't sleep, and was laying there thinking about how I really should have tested out my trigger shot, and thought it would be beneficial to go pee on something. Well, all I have are a few OPKs, so I peed on one of those. And got a very faint line, which tells me absolutely nothing.
2. I still haven't put away all of my Christmas decorations. They're all down, but my guest room looks like the holiday clearance aisle at Marshall's.
3. I frequently put off peeing at work. I know it's not good for my bladder to be forced to hold it. It's just such a long walk to the bathroom that I try to put it off as long as possible sometimes.
4. A lot of my posts lately have been about my bladder. I apologize for that, and will make an honest effort to focus on other, more attractive parts of my anatomy from now on.
5. How's this? I like my ankles. I think they're the only part of my body that's always skinny, no matter how much I weigh.
6. I need to paint the fence outside our house. It's only one, short section, and I've been finding reasons not to do it for at least five months now. That's just ridiculous, I have the supplies and everything. Maybe Sunday.
7. I'm a deplorable housekeeper. I really try to keep on top of things, but I don't. Then it reaches the point where I can't stand it anymore, and I get it all looking nice, and it immediately starts to degenerate again. Vicious cycle.
8. I miss having a glass or two of wine when I get home from work. It's not the alcohol that I miss so much, it's the sitting down and unwinding with my husband, chatting about our days. I know, we could still do that with another beverage, but it's just not the same.
9. I don't think this IVF cycle worked, and I'm not sure when I'm going to be ready to try again. I'm fairly certain I don't want to turn around and cycle again immediately. And I'm not sure why I feel that way.
10. I contemplated skipping #7 and moving right along to #8, hoping no one would notice. But then I realized that would be really sad in a post devoted to honesty. So, they're all there. You can go back and count.
Posted by flojat at Thursday, January 14, 2010