Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Did you know?


That you can have furniture delivered
at midnight? We bought some new things for our family room on Sunday and when asked to pick a delivery window, 5pm to midnight actually sounded like the best option at the time. Neither of us would have to miss work. And what were the odds that they would actually come that late?

Apparently pretty good. Last night at 11:22 the delivery dudes showed up with our new entertainment center, couch and chair. (J's snazzy new leather recliner won't be in until the 13th. I promise I'll take pictures after it does.)

So, I missed out on the best part of getting new furniture. You know, the futzing with everything until it's just right, filling up the new drawers and shelves, decorating. Decorating! I love to decorate.

I guess the upside of crashing into bed as soon as the delivery truck pulled away is that all the electronics will be nicely wired when I get home tonight. (I'm sure there will be another whole post on the new universal remote J just bought. The only thing I find universal about those monsters is their ability to completely frustrate me.)

The new TV we got to go in the new entertainment center is way too big for the room, but neither of us care. It's like having our very own little drive in movie theater! Except we don't have to drive. And it's a shorter walk to the restroom.

Of course I have a Habitat for Humanity meeting after work, so that will delay me getting to play with my new "toys" another hour and a half, but that's okay. I'm sure it will be worth the wait!

2 comments:

Mary said...

OMG, I love them! Very nice!
I would have curled up on the couch and fallen asleep though!

Sarah C said...

:whistles: F-A-N-C-Y! I love both items, and can't wait to see J's new recliner.

Does this mean the Star Wars remote is no longer being used?