Friday, July 17, 2009

Random Fridays

1. Do you ever wonder why you always see just one shoe on the side of the road? How do they get there? Do that many people chuck shoes out of car windows while driving down the road? And if so, why only one?

2. I think they should invent an ultrasound/doppler application for the iPhone. How cool would that be for pregnant women?

3. Have you ever sat on a beach and tried to wrap your mind around how many grains of sand there are on the planet? It makes my brain hurt when I think about it.

4. On a related matter, how do we know that no two snowflakes are alike? I really don't think anyone's actually analyzed every snowflake that's ever fallen and run it through some crazy snowflake database.

5. Some days I think the person who invented cubicles should be forced to wear underwear two sizes too small for the rest of his or her life.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

The man who invented cubicles actually died last year so I guess he got his! =D

Actually, he was pretty horrified what they have become - it wasn't his original design.

:sniff:

Kerri said...

I love Random Friday! I have also wondered about that 1 shoe on the side of the road... :-)

Mary said...

random fridays make me giggle - even if I am reading them on Sunday.

i forsee a headache in my future the next time I go down the shore.

Unknown said...

Random Friday posts make my heart happy. it totally doesn't matter that i'm reading it on Monday. :)
i would love to be in your mind even if for just one day...